Monday, 13 September 2021

AND THE MOON TOOK A SELFIE AT 11:59PM

… and for the first time I saw the moon stretch out her hands to take a selfie

She was a lady, in the purest of celestial forms...



In my weirdest of thoughts, I have always and only imagined the moon as a celestial being

I never for once would have imagined the moon being personable

I mean…

I looked… and for the first time I saw the moon stretch out her hands to take a selfie

She was a lady, in the purest of celestial forms

Dark in the loneliest of nights

Yet translucent to be the beacon of light

They say actions speak louder, yeah, because

Quietly she speaks yet her actions loudly speak of reflected hopes, dreams, and aspirations

Spurring within everyone who looks up at night, the innate desires to see beyond her dark light skin, and into the source of strength

 

She knows her light is but brief so she…

Confidently prides in that brief moment of ecstasy and takes a selfie every night when she comes out

Inspiring the boys and girls, men and women to sit under and tell the tales by moonlight

Because she knows that when the day comes, she’ll probably never be noticed

So, every now and then she’d like to, look through her gallery and see how inspiring she looked the previous night.

Because every night she tells herself… today is another night, and I am going to moon better than I did yesterday.


Parables in Africa have been coined by her subtle appearance

A dark continent so they may have called her, but without her other creatures won’t feed and see the reason to fight for their survival.

She completes the galaxy

Because without her, there wouldn’t be any reflection

 

Idols have been crafted by what she inspires under the moonlight

Although she never asked for it, since she’s only one of the creator’s creations beyond space

9-5 is no longer the routine for the family paychecks when the school fees and bills come calling since many have come to embrace moon-light-ing

 

So, the reason the moon took a selfie at 11:59pm was not just because she prides in her beauty

But also...

Reminding you and all those who look up to her in their darkest and loneliest nights

That without you...

Your beauty...

Your reflection...

The stories of your own challenges and fights...

The breakups and the heartaches, and how you won and still maintained your purest light… The world would be incomplete!


Love

VC (De'Ambassador)



No comments:

Post a Comment